Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Minnesota
Do you need boat insurance? We have various policies here at Brittany Olson Insurance Agency LLC in Cloquet, MN that can protect your sailboat, fishing boat, classic boat, jet skis, wave runners, performance boats, and many others. We offer different types of coverage that range from bodily injury to medical payments. Do the right thing and protect your investment.
Boat Insurance Requirements
There are no laws in Minnesota that require boat owners to have insurance. However, it would be best if you had it to keep your boat stored at certain marinas. Additionally, if you leased or financed your boat or other watercraft, you may be required to obtain insurance as well. Even if it is not required, you should also obtain it to cover potential accidents that can cause a disruption.
Boat Insurance Coverage
You can choose from any of the following coverage options to protect your boat:
- Navigational area- This will cover you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline and more. This offers you protection while on the water.
- Liability- This will provide you with protection if you cause an accident while on the water. This coverage will pay for the repair expenses or replacement expenses of the other person’s boat.
- Medical payments- This will cover medical expenses for both you and your passengers for injuries resulting from a boating accident.
- Physical damage coverage- This will cover your repair or replacement expenses if anything permanently attached to it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage- This will protect you against other boaters who may not have insurance if you are involved in an accident with them and suffer injuries.
To obtain a quote for boat insurance, don't hesitate to get in touch with Brittany Olson Insurance Agency LLC today. We are located in Cloquet, MN.
While our office is located in Cloquet, MN, we serve all across Minnesota and Wisconsin.